Monday, February 9, 2009

One day at a time.

Some days are like shadows of the next and future.
I am trying to stay focused on my work but life sweeps you a crossed it's floor and pushes you into it's corner.  February is a hard month for me, I don't get enough sunshine or outdoor activity and find my mind turns into a cesspool of grinding stone!  I just finished "A River Runs Through It" by Norman Maclean and have been working on finishing two other stories by him as well.  It is all about Montana, hunting, fishing, logging, fighting, drinking and family.  He writes the most about the mountains and the rivers and that is why I love his work.  He listens to both of them and writes what they tell him and it is beautiful.  I can't wait until I can get back into the mountains, ya, I live in them but it is different when you are surrounded by peaks and the quiet than just living next to a mountain.  I have two month left to be suffocated by the indoor life style before I can go a roaming through the high alpine once again.  It is O.K. it is February and this feeling of slowly turning grey always hits me and I think I am falling apart. I am not just transparent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment