Monday, March 9, 2009

A need for repentance.

"So I perceived that nothing is better than that a man should rejoice in his own works, for that is his heritage.  For who can bring him to see what will happen after him?"
                                Prov. 3:22

What is good enough to be happy?  I ask my self as I look at my work, I look at my life and I think about my ego.  I have drank to much this past week, at nights and sometimes on the afternoon.  Other than model photos, for new ideas, I have done little.  My ambition has been low and winter has beaten spring out one more time!  I haven't really been all that joyful and I have grasped for that happiness I have seen come out in paint and line.  My buddy Bruce paints landscapes that would light up Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.  They make me laugh, full and playful!  They dance with color and are a piece of heaven with no shadows.  He told me he doesn't look for reality when he paints he lets the painting take him to a place of peace and joy in his heart first and then lays down color.  I love that about him, I love that about his works.  Each piece that B. does brings a light and happiness into his life and that is enough for him.  He doesn't have to show off his work, he will if you ask him, but you wouldn't even know he painted (seriously painted) unless you spent hours with him.  For his paintings were never made for you, they were never made to fill his ego or for people to pat him on the back to fill their egos by "knowing a great artist".  No!!!  They were made for his own joy and the smile in his soul.  GOD!!!  Would you help me paint that way?
  I don't believe it is the journey that we are on that counts, I believe it is how we approach that journey.

1 comment:

  1. Your honesty and insight never cease to amaze me! I think you are on to something when you speak of the journey and how we approach it.
    Jesus said "I am the way'...",
    sounds like journey talk.

    ReplyDelete