Thursday, May 1, 2008

Longing to Heal - A Fine Art Show -






These pieces represent the last year of my work and much of my thought. A combination of past memories, feelings and emotions on the subject of the "Soul". Many are a representation of the road I see both my self and others being on. The journey of the heart and soul.
I get a blank stare many times when I ask people how they in-vision them selves or others on the inside. (I am not talking here about organs like the liver or kidneys) I am talking about the psyche or the spirit of people. Most of us talk about "good vibes" or "that person has a bad energy" when we mention this, (the basic feeling some one gives off when they walk into the room). In my art I feel that the most powerful imagery is that which captures that feeling of the spirit of man.
This group of work primarily centered on the memories of the feelings of the past that haunt us and the hope and fear of letting go to heal from wounds and abuses from the past. This idea originated out of the knowledge of how many of us have histories of abuse; weather physical, mental or sexual. Of how that abuse shapes and forms our insides and then is represented in our choices we make every day. Each piece is a mirror of these feeling I get from ether my self or others around me. In each image there is pain and there is hope in healing from the pain, if you choose to see it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this section of your art it touches me straight to the heart, great work Abe.... Eva

    ReplyDelete